Page Thus Turned

A Chapter Beings Anew

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The LIST for Sept . 13

Since I love to share things, and I love comics, I figured why not combine the two a shove what I'm reading every week into peoples faces. Brilliant if I do say so myself. So, in the spirit of being original, I have stolen the idea of the LIST from the Newsarama message boards.

This is where I'll put up a list of what comics I am getting each week, and what I think about em. You can read the original Newsarama post here.

I hope you're ready, cause here's the LIST:

DC Comics

Fables #53

Fables is easily one of my top five favorite comics of all time. Some of the best character development and writing I've had the pleasure to read. This is Part 2 of Sons of the Empire. I have yet to read Part 1, but after the events in #50, this should be good.

Marvel Comics

Annihilation #2 (of 6)

Marvel's big cosmic event. I know the headline events right now are 52 from DC and Civil War from Marvel, big this one is better than both of those. Of course, I love cosmic characters. Only one issue in and Galactus has fallen, this series is going to be one to remember.

Incredible Hulk #98

The huge Planet Hulk storyline rages on. This has been the most enjoyable Hulk has ever been for me, and he's one of my favorite marvel characters. With the recent announcement of Word War Hulk coming next year, this got even more excitement injected into it. Great time to be a Hulk fan.

Wolverine Origins #6

Unfortunately this is the last issue of this for me. I'm enjoying it a lot, but I had to make some cuts, and this one didn't make it by a small margin. Omega Red is in the new arc too....damnit.

Oni Press

Wasteland #3

Finding this was a pleasant surprise. I keep describing it as Mad Max meets Fullmetal Alchemist. I've only read the first double sized issue and it started on the right foot. This book has a really good atmosphere to it.

Thoughts

Smallish week this week, though it's high on quality. I have a feeling these posts will get longer soon, as my orders jumped in numbers for September and October (November looks like a small one so far).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home