Page Thus Turned

A Chapter Beings Anew

Monday, September 18, 2006

I Get My Kicks...

So, two weeks in and nothing much has happened. I've made myself pretty well at home here, getting used to everything. Being here twice before makes that part rather easy. This being one of the most welcoming houses I've been in doesn't hurt either. It's still a little weird just digging in the fridge for something, but somehow I will overcome.

My drive down was about as good as one could hope. Light traffic most of the way, really mild weather (thanks to the effects of a hurricane), and one beast of a car. Hardest part was the first day. Having to say goodbye, then spending most of the day driving through California proved to be one mean combo of horrible. It took everything I had to not turn around and run back home. That night in Bakersfield was just about the lonliest I've ever had.

I persevered though, and (after getting pulled over in Arizona for my windshield) made it here. Which was the right choice, as I instantly started feeling better. Job hunting will start up soon, as well as school scouting. We've already gone to the zoo, which was very impressive. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures, but we're going again on the 23rd or so for free, so I'll get pictures then.

Nothing much going on other than that. That should be changing rather soon, though. Tons of comics coming out this week, so expect a big post for the LIST.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home